Thursday, August 1, 2013

Epic Rap Battle of History

So, I decided to make this one interesting...

Francis Bacon versus Richard Tuttle. It's an EPIC RAP BATTLE OF HISTORY!

FB: Yo, I'm Francis Bacon but just call me Frantic
I paint my lovers 'cause I'm pretty romantic
Some say that my work is alarming
The faces aren't meant to be charming


RT: Excuse me sir, but I'm Richard Tuttle
I guess you could say I'm a bit more subtle
I got of low percentage rate of those who "get it"
But don't worry, I don't sweat it

FB: Excuse yourself, that is pretty pathetic
Don't you know it isn't about the aesthetic
I don't mean to be unsympathetic
However, your work seems a bit apathetic



RT: When you see my work, you notice the fine detail
I go by my own scale
A piece of a rope on the wall is all I need
Unless you have a spare sesame seed?



I don't even know who won this but, after seeing both films, I feel sympathetic to both forms of art (though they are entirely different). Richard Tuttle defied contemporaneity art by the small scale he used. Francis Bacon defied art by the passion of his work and how he morphed all of the figures in his work. I might feel a closer connection with Bacon's work because of his take on religion. He showed "the soul" of Pope X. One literary connection that you can draw is the resemblance to Dorian Gray. Both lead scandalous lives, both had artwork that appears gruesome. Dorian destroys his portrait just as Bacon destroy the work he dislikes. Meanwhile, Tuttle said that he shows the woe work he makes mistakes in, too. Quite the contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment